Directions to the Primrose Inn
By Car - From the SouthFrom I-95 take Exit 182A onto I-395 E. Follow I-395 E to Exit 6A onto US-1A E towards Ellsworth/Bar Harbor. Follow US-1A E into Ellsworth where 1A becomes ME-3. Follow ME-3 (through Trenton) onto Mt. Desert Island. Once onto Mt. Desert Island make a sharp left at the gas station to stay on ME-3. Follow ME-3 for about 10 miles into Bar Harbor (past College of the Atlantic on the left). At the 1st stop sign turn left onto Mt. Desert Street. The Primrose Inn is two blocks on the left after you make the turn. Enter the parking lot via Mt. Desert Street just past the Primrose Inn sign.
Please note that total driving time from the Maine border to Bar Harbor via I-95 thru Bangor is about 4 hours. If you are driving via Coastal Route 1, add an additional 1-2 hours depending on travel dates in the summer. Please plan accordingly for your 4 p.m. check-in time at the Primrose Inn.
Here are some approximate driving distances to Bar Harbor:
- Hancock County - Bar Harbor Airport (BHB)M - 10 miles from the Inn
- Bangor International Airport (BGR) - 50 miles from the Inn
- Portland (ME) International Jetport (PWM) - 175 miles from the Inn
- Manchester (NH) - Boston Regional Airport (MHT) - 275 miles from the Inn
- Boston (MA) Logan International Airport (BOS) - 275 miles from the Inn